For someone taking prescription medications it’s not uncommon to miss the correct time to take the medication. By tracking the actual time medication was taken in a single view and with a single button it is easy to determine the best time to take the next dose.
Families with multiple children will appreciate MedTrackers ability to keep track of multiple medications for multiple people and easily see when medications should be taken. For the busy parent, consumption history can be added after the fact.
All of us, with busy life’s, take a pill and then sometime later can’t remember exactly when or if we took it. It’s typical to ask the question, “When did I take that aspirin?”, or “Did I take my vitamins today?” By adding the simple step of pressing one button in the front view of MedTracker it becomes clear when the medication was taken and when the next dose should be taken.
- Multiple people.
- Multiple medications.
- Multiple dosages for single medication.
- Option for variable dose taking.
- Handles PRN medications.
- Handled fractional dose amounts.
- Option for time or event dosages.
- Edit or add history.
- Option to show overdue doses in red and with a checkmark.
- Option for local notifications.
- Manually add consumption history.
- Export medicine details and summary to CSV file for use in spreadsheets.
- In context help with resizable font.
- Past due application icon badging.
- Responds to type content size changes in Apple -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Larger Text
The following options can be changed in the Apple Settings application:
- Date and time formats (can be different than your device default)
- Audio and visual take feedback
- Amount of history to keep
- Manual or auto reordering of medicines
- Sending bug report emails
- Cancel all outstanding notifications.
MedTracker makes use of a single view for tracking medications, displaying the patient name (if any), medicine name, dosage, last time medication was taken and a ‘Take Now’ button. Tapping the ‘Take Now’ records the consumption of the medicine. If you have specified that a quantity has to be entered, a pop up dialog will ask for the quantity taken.
If the medicine is overdue to be taken a symbol is placed in front of the medicine name and the last taken text is turned red. The symbol defaults to the pill symbol shown to the right, but can be changed to any symbol or emoji using Apple Settings.
To add a missed medication, tap the ‘Take Now’ button in the main view, then edit the history to enter the correct or estimated take time.
To export the medicines take times, tap the ‘Export’ button on the lower tab bar.
To clear all history, tap the ‘Clear All’ button in the lower tab bar. Note that clear all does not clear the last take as this is used to calculate the next due date and time.
The only required fields are the medication name, the quantity to take, and time of day, or time interval for taking the medications.
Optionally you can provide the dose unit of measure and a patient name. If you provide a patient name, then medications are, when automatically sorted, sorted by patient name, then medicine name, then dose unit of measure.
‘Overdue’, when on will show overdue medications by prefixing the name with a pill symbol and turning the last taken date red. If ‘Notifications’ are on the MedTracker will generate local notifications that will appear on your device even if MedTracker is not active.
The left example shows the history view active.
The left example shows the medicine detail view active.
- 4.3.3 – 31 December 2020.
– Fix crash related to history processing.
- 4.3.2 – 9 December 2020
– Add PDF file sharing.
– Improve handling of shared files.
– Misc bug fixes.
– Last release supporting iOS 9.3.
- 4.3.1 – 2 January 2020
– Fix bug where take quantities less than 1 were incorrectly not allowed.
– Fix bug where crashing on iOS 9.3.
- 4.3 – 31 December 2019
– Add next take to history view.
– Separate required and optional new medicine fields to simplify new medicine setup.
– Improvements in iOS 13 light and dark display style.
– Move all MedTracker settings from Apple Settings App to MedTracker.
– Fix bug where occasionally the first take time for a new medicine was not being generated.
– Fix miscellaneous user interface issues.
– Improve error checking when setting up new medicine.
– Attempt to fix rare crash.
- 4.2.1 – 7 November 2019
– Attempt to fix rare crash.
- 4.2 – 1 November 2019
– Attempt to fix rare crash.
– Fix dark mode notification text incorrect color.
- 4.1 – 22 October 2019
– Adopts iOS 13 dark and light mode.
– Fixes minor bugs associated with entering take quantities.
– Improves user interface for editing medicines.
– Fixes rare crash.
- 3.15 – 11 September 2019 – New feature to separate vibration and audio take feedback setting choices. Change active switch such that it remembers notification and overdue settings. Change some font sizes and colors to increase readability. Fix bug where take button space was still showing in table edit mode. Fix some layout issues on iOS prior to 11.0. Fix text where audible notifications are really vibration feedback. Fix bug where medicines not taken for a long time might not generate notifications correctly when edited. Fix bug where entering a number between -1 and 1 but not zero would result in crash. Fix bug where user is able to navigate off medicine edit view with unsaved changes and not realize it. Fix bug where switching from inactive to active may cause the save button to not be enabled. Fix bug where changes to hours or times may not be detected thereby causing the save button to not be enabled. Remove custom notification sounds in preparation for migration to iOS versions which have different methods for haptic control.
- 3.14 – 7 April 2018 – Fix rare memory retention bug where Take alert was not always showing the Take option. Add code to not allow negative Take quantities.
- 3.13 – 2 November 2017 – Add Activity Sharing. Add text version of reports. Add medicine active flag. Improve layout on small devices. Stability Fixes. Fix bug where Medicine Summary report was not always updated when saved. Fix bug where Medicine Delete sometimes crashed. Minor bug fixes.
- 3.12 – 30 May 2017 – Add functionality to allow user to keep notes about each medicine. Speed up the take action. Fix CSV files format problems with some applications. Fix crash when viewing notifications. Fix UI not correctly enabling history clear all button on iPad. Fix crash when using the take button.
- 3.10 – 31 October 2016 – Fix bug in initial date generation for event doses. Fix bug not updating main view when history changed. Fix bug not rewriting notifications when history changed. Fix bug visual take feedback
- 3.8.1 – 6 July 2016 – Fix ‘clear all’ button not leaving the last med. Fix missing required field indicator. Fix take entry message showing negative number. Fix crash when failing to enter take quantity. Fix crash when setting up certain medicines.
- 3.8 – 23 June 2016 – Fix bug with iAd banner view size after rotation. Fix bug where notifications were not generated correctly when last take was really old. Fix bug where notifications were not generated correctly is some cases with large numbers of medicines or high take frequency. Add view to see scheduled local notifications. Add icon in the main view to show when notifications are turned on for a medicine. Fix bug in displaying fractional doses and storing them in history.
- 3.6 – 8 December 2015 – Add ability to use fractional dose quantities. Fix bug with iOS 9.x causing multiple notifications for the same time. Fix rare potential crash in medicine view.
- 3.4 – 2 July 2015 – Fix overview autosize, history change failure to update overview display, and preferred content size setting not immediately updating in the overview.
- 3.2 – 11 March 2015 – Misc minor bug fixes.
- 3.0 – 27 February 2015 – Add application notification badging and user definable overdue text symbol or emoji. Respect Dynamic Type size, which can be set in Apple Settings, General, Accessibility, Larger Text. Improve GUI and usability, with many visual changes.
- 2.3 – 20 September 2013 – Misc iOS 7 bug fixes.
- 2.2 – 13 June 2013 – Notification bug fixes.
- 2.1 – 17 January 2013 – Add sounds and manual reordering.
- 2.0 – 3 December 2012 – Local notifications, export summary
- 1.5 – 10 April 1012 – Edit history, export.
- 1.4 – 7 February 2012 – Misc bug fixes.
- 1.3 – 11 November 2011 – iPad native version.
- 1.2 – 20 October 2011 – Misc bug fixes.
- 1.1 – 23 September 2011 – Add visual and audio feedback.
- 1.0 – 31 August 2011 – Initial release.